Madison, IN || Summer 2016



This day in the summer of 2016 was the first time I had ever gotten involved in my local music scene.  I went to the show because my friends in Gallifrey Falls, who had played on the Dying Things Tour, were also playing that night. I made many more friends between this show & the most recent one that I will discuss later.  Pictured above is Closure, a band who decided to call it quits after this show. While their set suffered many technical glitches, they made the best out of it & still managed to put on a great & memorable last show. 

A Rumor of War and Illustrator both showcased a lot of energy in their performance, despite the small crowd and minimal participation from the crowd. Their sets didn't endure any of the difficulties that Closure's did, so they went a lot more smoothly and the crowd didn't get to see quite as much of them, sadly.

These photos are from the second Madison date, though Gallifrey Falls did play both.  Every time I have seen these guys, their set has had the most rowdy crowd by far, and I have almost fallen on my face during their set both times from being pushed around so much. The crowd loves seeing GF perform just as much as they love performing, and it is an amazing experience every time. You can see mine & Shelbie Stice's interview with them here. It was EVERYONE'S first interview, so it's a little messy but it was very fun to do.

Ira Hill is a band that I have been wanting to photograph for over a year, & I finally got to do that. They are one of my favorite "local" bands that I've ever seen live. Every last one of them packed their set full of energy and they are so kind to anyone who goes up to them. Much like GF, their set was very rowdy and energetic both in the crowd & on stage.

This last image is from O'Kingdom, who certain audience members were clearly familiar with. The last set of my 2016 summer experience with local bands was very memorable and you could feel all the energy in the room. As the show came to an end, the crowd kept their energy high for the headlining band and it was clear that the band appreciated the atmosphere just as much as anyone else.


*This post was made at an earlier date, but has been relocated to this site*




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PVRIS || July 2017

Get Free Tour || Jan. 2018

Rage on the Stage Tour || Nov. 2017